Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Yolk! It isn't just for chicken eggs anymore!

Well today we went for our first ultrasound. I walked in with my full bladder and she did the u/s but I didn't get to see anything... then emptied bladder and went in for trans vaginal ultrasound... It felt like she was in there for hlaf an hour... all these things went racing through my head... something is wrong... there is more than one.... etc...
Finally she said ok I will go get Roy and you can both see it. NOW I had tears stinging my eyes... my first peek at the life we created. Well...... PEEK is the operative word. SHe put in the camera and turned the monitor and there is was a little black & gray yolk sac. It was almsot too exciting to bear... I just wanted to freeze that moment in time. I looked at Roy and he smiled and then that was it. Put on your pants and get dressed and wait for the nurse to talk to you. OKAY I can do this.... so we get in the room and she says well it is measuring less than 6 weeks... I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach... WHAT?? I am 6 weeks 1 day how can that be!? Everything looks fine but its preliminary and we need to make a second OB appt for another u/s and then you will talk to you Dr. APril 13th....1:30pm. WOW! Another look... interesting. I was waiting and hoping for a picture but we didn't get one... nothing to see really anyways so I can accept that. I was a little dissapointed so I came home and thought about it and talked about it with some people online... I am 6weeks 1 day according to LMP but from point of conception probably only around 4 weeks.... So its nothing to worry about...... so far. Again Roy doesn't seem to show any emotion one way or another so I am not sure if he was excited or dissapointed or well there was nothing to see so we will have to wait.... He is an odd little duck and I am carrying his odd little duckling! Now cause there is another appointment we are going to have change our plans and tell our families sooner rather than later. He has decided this weekend. GREAT! This should make for an interesting weekend! :) Then we go out and celebrate!!
I will try to update as often as I can bu really at this point its all about the big moments (u/s, telling family etc) SO I will update again real soon!

No comments:

Our angels Grace Elizabeth & Anna Marie

Our angels Grace Elizabeth & Anna Marie
Always on our minds, Forever in our hearts (June 28, 2006)