Friday, September 05, 2008

Standup2cancer

I watched this one hour telethon..... I haven't shed that many tears in a very long time! I was so moved by the people's stories and the tales of survival! I cannot believe how many people have suffered through cancer. There was a sad story that was told by one of the celebrities... he started talking and instantly you saw the tears in his eyes. He told the story of a little child who never got to live to be 5 years old. THe letter was written by his mother how she heard her son's first heartbeat and put her hand on his chest as she felt his last. They showed his picture and you just heard the crowd gasp as this little boy's smiling face is on the screen and you hear he lost his fight. They say they are near finding the cure... God I hope so! Too many stories like that exist.

I did have my appt today and the follies aren't doin much... I said I was worried now... and they said o no you have lots to go still... then they told me to take the cetrotide daily IN THE MORNING!!! and they lowered my Gonal-f back to 150 because my estrogen went above 3000. Now if memory serves me corrrect that means I am about to get a crapload of follies jumping and suddenly growing... at least I hope! I am a little worries taht the estrogen jumping but its only 3000 so I am really hoping that everything is ok. I have daily appts now and I am findng them very draining.. not to complain its just alot of back and forth.. It is ok. I am ok. AND on that note I will share with you something really funny. I had to take my cetrotide this morning in the parking lot of my work. I pulled in mixed the meds pulled down my pants and was about to inject it (had the needle in my mouth ) and someone pulls up beside me. I almost died of embarassment.. THANK GOD OUR WINDOWS ARE TINTED!!!!!!! I quickly pricked myself and then pulled my pants up and ran into the office.. LOL! Good thing I am on vacation for the next 2 weeks because I will be doing that every morning but now... from the COMFORT OF MY HOME!!!!! LOL!

No comments:

Our angels Grace Elizabeth & Anna Marie

Our angels Grace Elizabeth & Anna Marie
Always on our minds, Forever in our hearts (June 28, 2006)