Monday, February 02, 2009

I stayed silent......................

I stayed silent as long as I could most of my friends won't even broach the subject with me... probably best considering that I have been through fertility treatments and IVF. This nonsense with this woman who had the EIGHT babies at one time... apparently through IVF... although I have no idea what Dr in his right mind would do that transfer EIGHT at once is beyond me. I will preface this with IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF she really doesn't have a husband/job/house or money and with SIX kids previously from IVF... there is no way that this was the right way to handle things. Any woman who has been through fertility treatments knows they debate putting back 2 or 3 certainly not EIGHT! That is IF you are lucky enough to make that many embryos or they are lucky enough to survive the thaw. Personally something is missing in this equation... How can she afford to pay for the treatments? Where did the sperm come from? Where is this I will put back 8 embryos inside you (expecially when you already have 6 form IVF--therefore proving it works for you) Why would you subject yourself to that knowing that there is a possibility of eight? You put back 2 you aways realize that there is a possibility of 2! Lets put aside the mother lets focus on the kids instead..... She has 6 kids under the age of 7. How do you care for these kids and go to school and pay for fertility treatments? Then on top of that you have 8 more kids to feed/clothe/school? These kids are not at fault. They are just babies that were brought into the world by selfishness... be it a doctor or the mother... Noone understands the internal want and need for children. YOU HAVE SIX! SIX! IVF already worked for you. Why spend money on treatments and or fertility drugs when you have SIX already. Hey if you want to have kids I get that. I really do.. I am in the category of people who want kids so badly but can't have any. So I hate hearing that people cannot have children and I don't begrudge people from having children but be responsible. Think of the children! People need to cool it and relax with the hatred. I think more investigation needs to be done before we go into the blame game. For now we get to be greatful and thankful 8 more healthy children were born... and pray they stay that way. Noone should have to suffer through the loss of a child.

3 comments:

Niki said...

Amen sister!

Kat said...

It is pretty crazy! But I did read a news story that said they only used 4 embies and they all split....hmmmm if that's true, then it's crazy odds! Either way, it is definitely a ethical issue...

Michele said...

For whatever reason, people feel like the NEED to talk about this with me. I wish they'd stop...

Our angels Grace Elizabeth & Anna Marie

Our angels Grace Elizabeth & Anna Marie
Always on our minds, Forever in our hearts (June 28, 2006)