Thursday, February 23, 2023

Day 3

 Day 3….. woke up feeling a bit sick but determined I will get out of bed and walk to get weighed… all by myself I know I can do it… I somehow found the strength to pull out the plug out of the wall and walked to the weighing station… it felt like the longest walk but I made it!  I was so proud of myself the nurses were all huddled having a meeting so I stepped up and the scale said error.. of course it did!  I stepped off and stepped back on still error.. and I did that about 5 more times.. I was so mad I waddled over to the nurses and interrupted them I felt so embarrassed she came over turned it off and on again… and it worked!  Reminded me of IT CROWD and I laughed at myself… my husband would have laughed….


https://youtu.be/rksCTVFtjM4

I walked back to my room with my catheter and my IV bags in tow and got back…and sat in my chair… my new thing is once I’m up and at ‘em I stay up no going back to bed.. that won’t help… I have convinced myself… that’s a fact.

Today was a special day…. I was having a visitor!!  My sister was coming!  One of the hardest things for me was the days were so long and lonely… the nurses were great but they were not family.

Had a great visit with my sister we talked and laughed and she got to witness  the noises coming from my neighbor in the room beside me screaming and crying 8n pain all day and night and the other lady down the hall cursing out the nurses… I really was grateful she came and she stayed just long enough that once she was gone I missed her already!  Ha Ha! 

I was still on liquid diet due to my lovely explosive diarrhea and now they decided they wanted to test it… what a horrible task for the nurses.. I had to collect it in the hat and then they would collect it… I warned them there really wasn’t something to “test” it was mostly liquid but ok they want to test it… 🤦‍♀️  so they sent it for testing to make sure nothing was wrong…  by now I had figured out the drugs I take every day but liquid diet…I wanted FOOD!

They got the results back and I was able to get FOOD FOR DINNER!  At this point I didn’t care what it was I was hungry….

Here is the difference between food and liquid diet… as you can see I got a pot pie and potatoes .. I have not eaten potatoes in YEARS!  So this was a real treat!



I enjoyed it way more than you can imagine!

That night I slept so well… I was full and even though the diarrhea didn’t go away it was still worth it… there was talk about sending me home on day 5 so I was still working towards that goal.. whatever they hoop they need me to jump through I will do I wasn’t sleeping well because the patients are maiming and screaming in pain all night or cursing out the nurses all hours of the night.. how do you sleep with that?  My patience was wearing thin and my sanity too…





No comments:

Our angels Grace Elizabeth & Anna Marie

Our angels Grace Elizabeth & Anna Marie
Always on our minds, Forever in our hearts (June 28, 2006)