Friday, April 14, 2006

Our Second Ultrasound................SURPRISE!




Well we went for our second ultrasound yesterday and we were met with such a gigantic surprise my head is still reeling!!

We arrived at the fertility clinic and they called my name to go in. She did the measurements from the belly and then I could pee! Now for the trans vag ultrasound... OK so I am used to them so no biggie for me. It felt like she was in there for an hour! Well it was actually 31 minutes that I was in the ultrasound room so I guess time goes a little slower that we thought! FINALLY she went to get Roy so we could look at our little bug all snug as a bug in a rug! She says well this time we are seeing something different.. I said o yes its probably bigger.... she turns the monitor and there we see a flicker of a heartbeat... I was so full of instant love... then she says there are 2! 2 what? 2 BABIES! 2 Heartbeats! TWINS! OMG I couldn't believe it...but I couldn't stop staring at the screen then ROy says Why don't they have seats in here for the husbands?? We weren't sure if he was going to pass out or what so the tech gave him her seat! I looked over at him and he was pale but had this huge smile on his face.. Secretly telling me not to worry everything will be alright! When I went into the room to change I almost fell as my mind started racing and my legs started to buckle... I just stood therer for a second and said...well God only gives us what we can handle so we will be fine. We sat in the waiting room and they gave us a picture showing them both. We just couldn't stop looking at it as the world around us was spinning. We never expected that! Funny how today is such a completely new day compared to yesterday!

Well we have scanned in the picture and we are giving it framed as an Easter gift to the grandparents for Easter so I will let you know their response!

This truly is a blessed Easter!

No comments:

Our angels Grace Elizabeth & Anna Marie

Our angels Grace Elizabeth & Anna Marie
Always on our minds, Forever in our hearts (June 28, 2006)